Geant4 is a world-wide collaboration of scientists and software engineers whose goal is to develop, maintain and provide support for the Geant4 toolkit. The direction of the collaboration is handled by the steering board. It is the task of the oversight board to ensure that sufficient resources are made available to the collaboration in order for it to function efficiently.
The day-to-day work of Geant4 is performed within the working groups which are organized approximately around the Geant4 categories.
The collaboration is committed to providing open communication with users. Direct discussions between users and developers are held on a regular basis. These take the form of a Technical forum in which users may propose changes to the Geant4 toolkit. One-to-one discussions with Geant4 members are also encouraged.
Policies and Procedures
- Tag and release policy
- Publication policy
- Software process improvement
- User requirements tracker
- Open Merge Requests
(Requires to log in using your CERN account)
- Geant4 Testing Dashboard , shows results of continous and nightly integration testing.
Working Groups pages
- Run,Event, and Detector Response
- Particles and Track
- Geometry and Transport
- Generic Processes and Materials
- Electromagnetic Physics
- Low Energy Electromagnetic Physics
- Hadronic Physics
- User and Category Interfaces
- Physics Lists and Validation Tools
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Software Management
- Documentation Management
- Novice & Extended Examples
- Advanced Examples