Minutes of TSB meeting #22
16 January 2003 - 9:00-13:00
CERN: J. Apostolakis (chairman), P. Arce, G. Cosmo,
A. Dell'Acqua, G. Folger,
V. Ivanchenko, J. Knobloch, M.G. Pia, F.Ranjiard, S. Sadilov
Helsinki (phone): A. Heikinnen
KEK: K. Amako, Y. Morita
LAPP: M. Maire
Naruto: H. Yoshida
SLAC: M. Asai, T. Sasaki, D. Wright
TRIUMF (phone): P. Gumplinger
Excuses: J. Allison, G. Barrand, J.M. Fernandez-Varea, I. Gudowska, A. Heikinnen,
B. Lockman, H. Kurashige, A. De Roeck,
N. Starkov, S. Tanaka, P. Truscott, M. Verderi, J.P.Wellisch
Minutes: V.Ivanchenko, draft 03 February 2003 v0.2
- Minutes of the meeting #21 were approved.
Experiments Status, Requirements, and Requests for 2003
- Requirements lists were presented by LHCb, CMS, ATLAS and BaBar.
- Was unanimously requested to have the PhysicsLists currently distributed
from a personal home page, released together with the code.
- Requirements will be summarised and discussed at the Category
- Requirements for a modular RunManager should be formulated
as the result of an agreement among experiments
Supported platforms for 2003
- A proposal for dropping support of non-ISO
compilers (from November 2002 TSB) has been reiterated (G. Cosmo)
- It was agreed that builds for non-ISO platforms will be available
in first half of 2003 only
- Full migration to ISO will be performed during the time of June 2003 release
- Requested feedback from collaborators about system/compilers
to be supported for 2003
New development (cut per region)
- Cut per region progress report was presented
- Coordination of implementation and validation have been discussed.
- First development release for beta-testers is planned by the end of January
Future Collaboration Agreement
- Report of Editors 'panel'
- Reviewed requirements
- Motivation of process and emerging proposal
- Agreed elements of CA proposal
- Interaction between G4 developers and user community should be clearly
addressed in the new CA
- CA editors invited to complete Collaboration Agreement proposal in the
beginning of February
Status of pending actions
- Actions 10.3, 19.1, 19.6 have been closed.
Action 19.5 have been replaced by the new action 22.4.
New pending actions
G.Folger to poll collaborators for gathering information about
compilers/systems to be supported for 2003.
CA editors to complete Collaboration Agreement proposal with clear definition
of Collaboration goals, and detailed description of the mechanism of interaction
between Steering Committee and Users Committees.
M.Asai to organise phone meeting for defining testing procedure of developments
for cut-by-region, and planning.
Software Management team to define maintenance procedure and distribution
policy of a Geant4 CD (CD-image through WWW, physical CD), to be applied on every
new public release of the software.
- Next meeting at February to discuss the Collaboration Agreement and