Geant4 TSB meeting
Original version: 1-Apr-04 GF
Version 0.9.1, 6-Apr-04, JA
Version 0.9.2, 6-May-04, GF
CERN: J.Apostolakis, G.Cosmo, G.Folger, J.Harvey(in part), V.Ivantchenko,
M.Maire, M.G.Pia, S.Sadilov
KEK/Japan: K.Amako, T. Sasaki, H.Yoshida
SLAC: M.Asai, D.Wright
TRIUMF: P. Gumplinger
Phone: P.Nieminen, J.Perl
- Discussion of Draft 7.01 of Collaboration Agreement
- Discussion of Version 2.00 of Geant4 Collaboration Draft Regulations
It was agreed to examine proposal version 7.01 of the Collaboration
Agreement, discuss the merits of changes and create an amended version
which better reflects the view of the TSB.
On points where a consensus was not reached, a vote of the TSB is to decide
The discussion proceeded section by section. The following notes and suggested
improvements were agreed upon:
- Membership Applications -- OK, with an undecided suggestion to drop "object-oriented"
- Purpose of this agreement -- OK
- Membership in the Geant4 Collaboration
- Structure of the Geant4 Collaboration
- the diagram -- OK
- Oversight Board.(OB)
- item 2 of the list; second sentence, a change of words is suggested:
"... steps to ensure that committed resources are available
and adequate to meet ...."
- item 4 of the list;there shall be an e-mail vote on "we suggest
to change role of the OB in admitting new members an advisory role".
- Steering Board (SB)
- Responsabilities -- OK
- Composition: It should be made clear that consultation between
the SB and working group is needed to nominate representatives.
spokesperson should have an ex-officio seat on the SB.
- improve wording in amending the CA CHECK
- Working Groups (WG):
- working group leader should be renamed to working group coordinator
- conflict with regulations on appointment of working group coordiantors
should be resolved in regulations.
- More details on election needed in regulations
- Technical forum
- there is agreement to remove item flagged for removal
- Geant4 User support -- OK
- Commitments of signing parties -- OK
- Geant4 License and Intellectual Property -- OK
- Collaboration regulations -- OK
Other: Annexes need to be renumbered to be consistent
Geant4 Collaboration - Draft Collaboration Regulations
- change frequency for SB meeting to at least 5 per year
- terms of spokesperson, deputy, SB, working group representatives, working
group coordinatrs need to be defined
- conflict on procedure to choose working group chairs (coordinators?) with
CA must be resolved.
Other Action Items
- Conduct review of resources by June 2004 (J Apostolakis & WG coordinators)
and circulate to TSB.
- Revise MOU membership list (for institute
representatives on TSB).