Minutes of the Hadronic Working Group
22 February 2006
Present: John Apostolakis (briefly), Gunter Folger, Vladimir Grichine, Aatos Heikinnen,
Tatsumi Koi, Mikhail Kossov, Maria Grazia Pia, Igor Pshenichnov (briefly),
Apologies from: Fan Lei, Nikolai Starkov, Pete Truscott
Meeting starts at 17:00 CET (8:00 PST).
- Vladimir Ivantchencko on verification in version 8.0 (linked to agenda)
- Maria Grazia Pia on project management/traceability:
Hadronic group should adopt procedure similar to that used in
Low Energy Electromagnetic group for documenting what stage a project
is in during its development. This would be useful for other groups
to see where things stand within hadronics. Need to link various
phases from requirements to design to testing and also link to
responsible developers. MGP will circulate to group some details
about how this is done.
- Mikhail Kossov on Verification of pp elastic scattering (linked to agenda)
- Priorities and Deliverables for 2006:
- Dennis Wright discussed the need for an inventory of tests in the hadronic
directories. He will distribute a template form for collecting
information on the status of each test. This information will
include a description of the test, classification into validation,
verification or unit test, and whether or not the test is up-to-date
and can run under 8.0
- Vladimir Ivantchencko proposed that completed hadronic tests be placed
in the system testing area, test30 in particular. This would be a
better way of operating than having test directories scattered everywhere.
DHW will talk to system testing people about this.
- Proposed projects for 2006 were reviewed with an eye toward producing
a realistic list of deliverables for the year. It was suggested and agreed
that these items should be arranged according to the following priorities:
DHW will generate a report of these to the TSB.
- Elastic scattering fixes and verification/validation
- General Verification/validation
- Hadronic shower shape studies
- 4-momentum check of all hadronic processes
- Validation and Future Plans
- Gunter Folger proposed that when bug fixes are made, an estimate of the
effect of the fix should be made and, if important, widely
- Tatsumi Koi asked everyone to fill out forms on completed validations
to be used in a validation catalog.
- Any Other Business
- Next meeting: one or two months from now? Aim for 1.5 plus or
- Gunter: need to coordinate hadronic group members and conference