Users questions to be addressed in examples
- (1) How to end a track manually?
- (2) How to get the runID and eventID?
- (3) Implement all the goodies mentioned
- (4) What geometry informations can I access through Step object?
- (5) Abort Event in SteppingAction
- (6) logic involving GetProcessDefinedStep
- (7) Use volume CopyNumber up-and-down the volume hirarchy
- (8) How can I obtain the list of just the secondaries of the current step?
(8a) How can I get the secondaries information in the UserSteppingAction?
- (9) How to get a track's CreatorProcess?
(9a) How to get the CreatorProcess for each secondary?
- (10) Example using G4StepLimiter, G4UserLimits
(10a) Example using G4UserSpecialCuts
- (11) Copy user track information from primary to secondary - get information of the original ancestor particle.
- (12) How to get the element vector during tracking?
- (13) How to get the decay-table during tracking?
- (14) Careful use of GetVertexKineticEnergy, GetVertexPosition
- (not possible in PreTrackingAction!)
- (15) How to count all particles only once without 'killing' - in SteppingAction?
- (16) How to count decays at rest separately from decays in flight?
- (17) Example of how to suspend tracks
- (18) How to get the parent particle of Cerenkov photons?
- (19) Forcing a particle to interact
- (20) How can a track be killed with all it's secondaries at a particular point?
- (21) How to redefine initial track weight?
- (22) How to collect the energy of all shower particles that follow a gamma entering a detector, separately for each entering gamma?
- (23) Draw only certain trajectories
(23a) Drawing tracks only when they hit a detector
- (24) How can I obtain position vector local to the daughter volume
- (in SteppingAction)?
- (25) (Re)set number of events from within the program
- (26) Usage of EnteredDaughterVolume()
- (27) How to get a list of process DoIt functions invoked during the step?
- (28) How can I redo a step - for tuning time-dependent E-fields?
- (29) How to add tracks at will from SteppingAction?
- (30) How to abort event processing (not a run!) or to kill all secondaries (at the step level)?
- (31) How to get PropagatorInField and how to modify some of its parameters?
- (1) How to count total number of scintillation photons per event?
- (2) How to add a new track to the stack?
- (3) How to get volume information in StackingAction?
(3a) How to access G4VSolid in StackingAction?
- (4) Implement a special Time Stack
- (1) Two different particle types as primaries - Generating of multiple primary events
- (2) How to determine the volume from position alone (in PrimaryGeneratorAction, for example)
- (3) How to start primaries in a specific volume/material?
- (4) How to see if a track will intersect a volume before throwing it?
- (5) Usage of Preassigned Decay Time and Preassigned Decay Channel
- (1) How to reset a track's global time (in PreUserTrackingAction) or SteppingAction?
- (2) How can I prune trajectories after particle tracking?
- (1) Adding a new user specific process
- (1) How to modify the geometry during a run?
- (1) How to access step information - for time dependent electric field in GetField()?
- (2) How to get the process name in the GetFieldValue method?
Created: 20 April 2011,
by Peter Gumplinger
Last modified: 20 April 2011,
by Ivana Hrivnacova