Geant4-MT Prototype Source Code Download
Geant4-MT 9.5.p01 Prototype
released 13 August 2012
The Geant4 multi-threaded (Geant4-MT) prototype source code is freely available.
See the licence conditions.
Feedback for any problem found is welcome; any discussion or problem, including
how to convert an application to best use Geant4-MT can be posted to the
dedicated thread on Geant4 Hypernews.
- The current prototype release is based on the sequential version 9.5.p01;
the data sets for release 9.5 series should be used.
- As this is prototype code, it is distributed "as is",
and full support cannot be provided.
- It supports all kinds of geometries, detector sensitivity and
- Current limitations:
- Only Linux platforms (SLC5) are supported, with gcc-4.1 or greater
- Only CMake build system is now supported.
A quick installation note is provided in the distribution within
the Documents folder.
- Works for batch jobs only; interactive GUI/visualization are not
- Tested only for the most common physics-lists setups.
- Only source code and no pre-built libraries are provided.
- A minimal set of examples is provided; for each one it is possible
to specify the number of threads as additional argument to the
batch execution command - i.e. for 8 threads (cores):
$ ParN02 run1.mac 8
- It requires minimal user-code migration. Relevant documentation
can be found in the users' guide included in the Documents
folder of the distribution.
The archived source code is available here:
Data files (*)
For specific, optional physics processes some of the following files
are required. The file format is compatible with Unix, GNU, and Windows
NOTE: The Geant4-MT protototype has been tested using
CLHEP version 18.104.22.168.