The Geant4 Low Energy Electromagnetic Physics Working Group develops and maintains sets of processes and models to describe the electromagnetic interactions of photons, electrons, positrons, hadrons and ions with matter down to very low energies (eV scale), including the Geant4-DNA project, initiated by the European Space Agency.
Applications of such processes and models range from high energy physics to space science and bio-medical applications.
These activities take place in full collaboration with the Standard Electromagnetic Physics Working Group of the Geant4 collaboration.
What is new in Geant4 10.4 ?
Overview of our most recent developments.
- Catalog of Geant4 low energy electromagnetic physics processes and models:
- Physics lists describe recommended physics constructors for applications involving low energy electromagnetic physics processes.
- Extended examples recommended for the usage of Geant4 electromagnetic physics, including specific Geant4-DNA examples
Geant4 Virtual Machine
- Geant4 for VMware and VirtualBox is a link to a free and ready-to-use software suite allowing you to run entirely Geant4 (a so-called Geant4 Virtual Machine) and associated tools on a Windows PC or Mac under the VMware or VirtualBox software without the need for Geant4 installation.
- Follow us on Geant4VM on Twitter for updates of this virtual machine.
Check this link to access the Geant4 electromagnetic physics user forum.
In 2018, 29 members belong to this working group.
- Bordage Marie-Claude, CNRS, France
- Brown Jeremy, TUDelft, The Netherlands
- Depaola Gerardo, FAMAF, Argentina
- Dondero Paolo, Swhard, Genova, Italy
- Faddegon Bruce, UCSF, CA, USA
- Francis Ziad, St Joseph U., Lebanon
- Guatelli Susanna, Wollongong U., Australia
- Gueye Paul, Hampton U., VA, USA
- Incerti Sébastien, CNRS, France (WG coordinator)
- Ivantchenko Vladimir, CERN, Switzerland
- Karamitros Mathieu, Pessac, France
- Kyriakou Ioanna, Ioannina U., Greece
- Lampe Nathanael, Melbourne, Australia
- Lee Se Byeong, NCC, Korea
- Longo Francesco, INFN/Trieste, Italy
- Mantero Alfonso, Swhard, Genova, Italy
- Meylan Sylvain, Symago, France
- Pandola Luciano, INFN/LNS, Italy (WG deputy coordinator)
- Petrovic Ivan, Vinca Institute, Belgrade, Serbia
- Raine Mélanie, CEA, France
- Ramos-Mendez Jose, UCSF, CA, USA
- Reis Miguel, ITN, Portugal
- Ristic-Fira Aleksandra, Vinca Institute, Belgrade, Serbia
- Russo Giorgio, INFN/LNS, Italy
- Santin Giovanni, ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands
- Shin Jae Ik, NCC, Korea
- Taborda Ana, Portugal
- Tran Hoang, CEA, France
- Villagrasa Carmen, IRSN, France