General support to users
Via hyper news and others..
Will absorbe more than 50% of our availability.
Special mention to the LCG meetings:
- Atlas : conclusions and publications.
- Babar : continuing
- LHCb ?
- CMS ?
To allow several models of the same process. Mainly concerned : Ionisation, Bremsstrahlung, MultipleScattering.
Will become the 'standard' in the second half of 2003.
Other developments in standard em
- High Energy processes (above 10 TeV)
The discussion with the MEPhI group (Kokoulin, Kelner, Rybin) has started to evaluate the needs, by type of experimental fields.
A priority list has been agreed for :
- precise investigation of the current processes
- a program of development for the next two years.
- revision of the Bremsstrahlung and Gamma Conversion, and implementation of the LPM effect in Gamma Conversion.
- a correction to the Multiple Scattering for high energy muons.
- A specific implementation of Multiple Scattering for generic ions.
- Completion of the PhotoElecticEffect at the level of Geant3.21
- New implementation of the Synchrotron radiation (Helmut Burkhardt /Cern).
- A new OpticalPhoton process: a wave length shifting mehanism.
G4Material:start an analysis of an internal data base for specific constants.
Cut per region
Additional new examples.
Physics reference manual
(Interactive) course of em physics
Completed at ~70% (in documents/training).
Understanding performance issues
Plot of cross sections
System of Units
Check the whole Geant4 code for the correct use of the system of units (never done).
main task: STT