Understanding performance issues in Em showers and optical photon transport
General support to usersVia hyper news and others..
Will absorbe more than 50% of our availability.
Special mention to the LCG meetings:
- Atlas, still open: Hadronic EndCap Calorimeter ..
- General conclusions about Em physics.
- Second iteration: shower profiles.
Model approachTo allow several models of the same process. Mainly concerned : Ionisation, Bremsstrahlung, MultipleScattering.
Default in Geant4 V6.0 ---> waiting for feedback
Expected developments in standard electromagnetic physics
- High Energy processes (above 10 TeV)
The discussion with the MEPhI group (Kokoulin, Bogdanov) has continued.
A priority list has been agreed for :
- precise investigation of the current processes
- a program of development for the next two years.
- revision of the Bremsstrahlung and Gamma Conversion, and implementation of the LPM effect in Gamma Conversion.
- options for Mu Nuclear interaction, under discussion with experts on hadronic physics.
- an alternative model to the Multiple Scattering for high energy muons.
- A specific implementation of Multiple Scattering for generic ions.
- Completion of the PhotoElecticEffect at the level of Geant3.21: deexcitation and Auger electrons
- Revision of the Compton Effect. Inclusion of 'Doppler broadening' ?
- New implementation of the Synchrotron radiation (Helmut Burkhardt /Cern).
- Revision of the Transition Radiation models.
- Revision of the implementation of Photo Absortion Ionization process.
- Optical photon: design a flexible and expendable scheme with which to specify the sampling of micro facet normals, beyond the two models now available.
new TestEm example(s) and PhysicsLists
- TestEm11 devoted to ultra high energy muons.
- Substantial rewrite and extension of novice example N06
- Provide examples of PhysicsList by use-cases, rather than to multiply complete examples.
DocumentationPhysics reference manual: revision after 'rewording'.
Plot of cross sectionsProvide an equivalent of the command drmat in Geant3: crosssections, de/dx.
The store/retrieve PhysicsTables could be a starting point.
Specific Visualisation application ?