ELECTROMAGNETIC WORKING GROUP plan for 2006
1) Validation and verification of EM physics as a first priority:
- extension, systematization and atomization of the validation suite;
- introducing histogram comparisons in the suite;
- providing test for current XTR models against test beam data;
- providing test for synchrotron radiation process;
- providing web page for verification results.
2) Publications related to the Urban’s model of Multiple Scattering.
3) Further update of ionization processes:
- spin and mass effects for pions, muons, kaons;
- tuning and verification of corrections for hadron and ion ionization;
- provide a possibility to plug in user data for stopping powers;
- improve the kinematics of final state sampling of PAI models.
4) Develop a process of the elastic Coulomb scattering
5) Provide alternative msc processes for different particle types: e+,e-, muons, hadrons, and ions.
6) Review of the bremsstrahlung models including LPM effect.
7) Extend e+ annihilation to hadrons : add 3pi and K+K- production.
8) Introduce K-L shell X-rays in the photoElectric process.
9) Optical processes updates:
- micro Facet Extension :
- introduce virtual base class BoundaryMicrofacetModel;
- include new LIP (Lisboa) micro facet model;
- unified model extension :
- allow a specular as well as diffuse component for the transmitted photon;
- Fresnel Lens (LIP Lisboa) as a new advanced example;
- attached Surfaces (the aim is succinctly model the optical transport in volumes with different optical treatments on different sides/faces);
- extend the usage of optical processes to G4Boolean Solids