March 27th 2013
Attendees: Ben Morgan, Michael Kelsey, Makoto Asai, Marc Verderi, Ivana Hrivnacova, Koichi Murakami, Andrea Dotti, Alberto Ribon, Dennis Wright, Peter Gumplinger, Gunter Folger, Gabriele Cosmo, John Allison (OB liaison), Sebastien Incerti , Vladimir Ivantchenko
Excuses: Luciano Pandola, Hisaya Kurashige
1. Regular items
· Open requirements, pending actions, open bug reports and internal development issues are reviewed.
· Particular note on open bug reports: the SB notes that as many as possible known bugs should be fixed before the v10.0 beta release.
· A dedicated JIRA component for MT-related development issues is created:
2. Report from recent events
2.1 Oversight Board meeting (March 25th)
· SB Responses to review report:
◦ The SB response to the Review Report was endorsed.
◦ Review report and responses will be made public simultaneously.
· Work plan for 2013:
◦ OB acknowledged it.
◦ OB members will encourage people to participate to Collaboration-wide works, e.g. paper review, documentation/example revisions for v10, etc.
◦ Makoto Asai will send result of census for each Country individually to related OB members.
2.2 Technical Forum (March 26th)
· Requirements not yet caught up: Marc Verderi will follow this up and communicate with potential assignees.
2.3 Space Users Workshop (March 4-6th)
· More than 50 attendees.
· Almost all presentations have already been uploaded to the Workshop Indico page. Few more to come soon.
· Next Workshop will be in Huntsville, AL (US), and will be hosted by NASA/Marshall. The date is not yet fixed.
3. 2013 Work plan
· No particular concerns rose at OB or TF. The work plan is agreed.
4. Progress in multi-threading
· Aiming to have the next development release in April deploying fully functional MT mode, and have further refinements in a new development release before the Beta release of June.
· The MT Task Force will conduct migration of examples as soon as the next development release is made.
5. Schedule toward the Beta release
· The release schedule has been announced. The target date of geant4-10-00-beta is June 28th, 2013.
· It will be preceded by the usual 4 weeks release period.
6. New general paper
◦ Mail sent to Collaboration. One-month period given for collecting item.
◦ Makoto Asai will survey the authorship for the general paper.
7. Geant4 GRID use policy
· The new GRID use policy has been endorsed.
· The Geant4 VO resource should be used only for internal testing/validation purposes.
8. Date of the 2013 Collaboration meeting
· During the latest Space User’s Workshop, some collaborators expressed concern about the announced schedule, as it collides with an important conference.
· It has been decided however to keep the dates for the Collaboration meeting as originally announced (September 23-27th, 2013), as a change of schedule would be problematic at this point in time.
9.1 Near future conferences
· CHEF2013, Paris, April 22-25
▪ Deadline end of February for abstract
▪ Note: simulation session full.
· ACAT, Beijing, May 16-21
· PTCOG, Essen, Germany, June 2 - 8
· 2013 Geant4 user conference at the physics-medicine-biology frontier + tutorial, Bordeaux - October 7-11
◦ http://geant4.in2p3.fr/2013/ (preliminary)
▪ Registration to be open by end of February -> early July
▪ 2.5 conference + tutorial
· MC2013, Paris, October 27-31
▪ Deadline extended again: now end of March
▪ So still possibility to submit
· IEEE/NSS/MIC/RTSD-2013, Seoul - October 27 - November 2
◦ Deadline for abstract: May 13th
· CHEP, Amsterdam, October 14-18
◦ Few abstracts are being reviewed. Thursday is deadline for Collaboration review.
· SuperComputing 2013, Denver, November 17-22
◦ Deadline of abstract submission: April 5th
◦ Deadline of full submission: April 12th
9.2 Near future events
· 2nd Geant4 Australian School and Monte Carlo Workshop
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:00