Present : Alberto Ribon, Makoto Asai, Soon Yung Jun, John Allison (OB Liaison), Dennis Wright, Koichi Murakami, Daren Sawkey, Laurent Garnier, S. Guatelli, Alex Howard, Ivana Hrivnacova, Ben Morgan, Vladimir Ivantchenko, Marc Verderi, Gunter Folger, Gabriele Cosmo, Alberto Ribon, Hisaya Kurashige, Luciano Pandola
Invited : Witold Pokorski (for the new Task Force)
Excused : Sebastien Incerti, Takashi Sasaki
1. Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
2. 2019 Collaboration processes
- Collaboration membership signing-in and census results
- We have 125 active collaborators as of end of last month. “Active collaborator” means at least one WG reports his/her 2019 planned contribution.
- 2019 work plan
- Each WG coordinator is requested to develop the 2019 work plan by the next SB meeting to be scheduled in late February or early March.
- The next Technical Forum will be dedicated to highlight the 2019 work plan and will be held in late March.
3. Git migration
- Migration to GitLab completed.
- Working now to improve automation and reporting by Jenkins/Ghostflow to be clearer and more informative.
4. New task force for R\&Ds
- A new Task Force is formed. Its name is “Geant4 Task Force for R\&Ds”.
- Witek Pokorski (CERN) is appointed as the chair of the task force.
- Every collaborator is encouraged to contribute. One should communicate with Witek to get involved.
5.1 Recent events
- 2018 IEEE/NSS/MIC, Sydney (Australia), 10-17 November 2018.
- 13th Geant4 Space Users Workshop, Houston, Texas, USA. 28-30 November 2018
- 48th Technical
January 2019 @ CERN
- 10.5 release was highlighted.
- A discussion on hadronics about Birks quenching is initiated, as this effect is suspected as the reason of an underestimation of the visible energy in calorimeters; that would explain the conflict between thin and thick target results.
- 6th International Geant4 School, Trento (Italy), 26-30
- Focus given to medical applications; 50 students.
- Geant4 Beginners
at CERN, 22-23 January, 2019
- Short course, part of official CERN Technical Training; 42 students participated.
- Geant4 course at Sao
Paulo, 4-8 February, 2019
- First Geant4 tutorial in South America; 50-60 participants.
- 6th International Geant4 School, Trento (Italy), 26-30 November, 2018
5.2 Near future events
- ENSAR2 workshop: Geant4 in nuclear physics, at CIEMAT, Madrid (Spain), 24-26 April 2019
- ACAT2019 at Saas-Fee, Switzerland, Mar 10-14, 2019
- Geant4 Advanced Course, at CERN, 26-27 March, 2019
- Geant4 tutorial in Orsay, 13-17 May 2019
- Geant4-INFN School in Alghero. Geant4 Course at the 16th Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Sub-nuclear and Applied Physics, Porto Conte, Alghero (Italy), 26-31 May 2019.
- Geant4 Tutorial for applications in medical physics, MCMA, Montreal, Canada, June 2019.
- Geant4 School (beginners and advanced users) and Monte Carlo workshop for medical physics, University of Wollongong, 2-8 December 2019.
- Date/location of 2019 Collaboration Meeting
- 23-27 September 2019 at Jefferson Lab, Virginia, USA
- Technical Forum will be associated, with focus on Nuclear Physics domain in general and Electron-Ion Collider in particular.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 - 12:00