Public Minutes of 129th Steering Board, 27th June 2022
Present: Susanna Guatelli, Mihaly Novak, Alberto Ribon, Soon Yung Jun, Makoto Asai, Koichi Murakami, Vladimir Ivantchenko, Marc Verderi, Gabriele Cosmo, Alex Howard, Witek Pokorski, Ivana Hrivnacova, John Apostolakis, Shogo Okada (number: 14)
Excused: Luciano Pandola, Ben Morgan
0. Report of election spokesperson
The nomination phase took place from March 23rd to April 13th, Marc Verderi was nominated by two Geant4 Collaborators. It was followed by the election phase, May 3rd-18th, where 91 members voted, all positively, for Marc Verderi as Geant4 Spokesperson.
1. Situation with respect to international difficulties
Our Russian colleagues who work in Geant4 since a while are still allowed to visit the CERN EP-SFT group.
2. Regular items
The regular items -user requirements, on-going SB action, bug reports, new publications, CPU and physics performances- where reviewed. The patch02 for Geant4 11.0, released on May 25th, was also discussed.
3. Status of 11.1-beta
There are no particular difficulties at this stage, the foreseen release is for Friday 1st July.
4. Status of new website
It is nearly completed, with a few minor things to sort out before releasing it.
5. Collaboration Meeting in Rennes
The web site is: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1156193/ , remote access via local eduroam will be possible by Zoom.
It is reminded that this is a collaboration only meeting, externals can participate upon agreement by working group coordinators for parallel sessions and by Steering Board one for plenary sessions.
6.1 Recent Events
- Geant4 tutorial in Orsay, 16th - 20th of May
6.2 Near Future Events
- Geant4 advanced course at CERN, 10th-14th of October
- International Conference on the Application of Accelerators in Research & Industry (CAARI) 31 Oct - 03 Nov, 2022, Denton, TX, USA
- IV Geant4 International Medical User Conference, 24th-26th October 2022, Napoli, Italy
Meeting Date Monday, June 27, 2022 - 12:00