March 2nd, 2016 (Wednesday)
Attendees: Andrea Dotti, Sebastien Incerti, Marc Verderi, Dennis Wright, Koichi Murakami, Makoto Asai, Ben Morgan, Laurent Garnier, Soon Yung Jun, John Allison (OB Liaison), Peter Gumplinger, Luciano Pandola, Hisaya Kurashige, Alex Howard, Alberto Ribon, Vladimir Ivanchenko, Gabriele Cosmo, Ivana Hrivnacova, Gunter Folger
Part 1 - by the current SB membership
1. Approval of the elections of Working Group leaderships
The results of the WG elections are shown as:
◦ first name : WG coordinator
◦ second name : deputy coordinator,
◦ other names : additional representative(s)
◦ names in parentheses are delegates for coordinators’ absence.
◦ Bold names are new SB members/deputies
Working Group Election results:
o Run, Event and Detector Response
Andrea Dotti, (Makoto Asai)
Takashi Sasaki, (Katsuya Amako)
o Particles and Track
Hisaya Kurashige, (Makoto Asai)
o Geometry and Transport
Gabriele Cosmo, (John Apostolakis)
o Generic Processes and Materials
Marc Verderi, (Vladimir Ivantchenko)
o Standard Electromagnetic Physics
Vladimir Ivantchenko, Peter Gumplinger
o Low Energy Electromagnetic Physics
Sebastien Incerti, Luciano Pandola
o Hadronic Physics
Alberto Ribon, Dennis Wright, Gunter Folger
Gabriele Cosmo, (Witek Pokorski)
o User and Category Interfaces
Koichi Murakami, (Hajime Yoshida)
Laurent Garnier, (Joseph Perl)
o Physics List
Gunter Folger, (Hans Wenzel)
o Testing and Quality Assurance
Soon Yung Jun, (Gunter Folger)
o Software Management
Ben Morgan, (Gunter Folger)
o Documentation Management
Alex Howard, (Dennis Wright)
o Novice and Extended Examples
Ivana Hrivnacova, (Peter Gumplinger)
o Advanced Examples
Luciano Pandola, (Francesco Romano)
Spokesperson : Makoto Asai
Deputy spokesperson : Marc Verderi
Technical Forum chair : Andreas Morsch
Technical Forum deputy chair : Bruce Faddegon
Oversight Board liaison : John Allison
o In total 22 members (11 is the quorum)
o The WG election processes and the resulted new SB membership are approved.
Part 2 - by the new SB membership
1. Regular items
The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
2. 2016 work plan
The 2016 Work plans have been reported by each working group and are publicized on the web through the Working Group pages. Collaboration-wide development items are summarized in this page: http://cern.ch/geant4/support/planned_features.
The Technical Forum on the 23rd of March will include discussions on this proposed work plan.
3. Spokesperson election
The election proceeds with a nomination phase (2-3 weeks), followed by the period of Steering Board endorsement of the candidates (1 week), and the election phase (2-3 weeks).
The nomination phase and SB endorsement are conducted by the Candidate Nomination Team (CNT). The CNT is responsible for conducting the election according to this process, and will start communicating with the Collaboration when the concrete election schedule is established. The CNT is composed of Alexander Howard (chair), Ivana Hrivnacova and Peter Gumplinger. The Steering Board appreciates their contribution.
The CNT will change its name to Election Management Team (EMT) and conduct the election phase.
4. Drupal-7 migration
The migration of the tag database page is completed and is now used in production.
Work for other web pages is ongoing.
o Near future events
◦ Technical Forum, March 23rd at CERN
◦ 2nd HSF meeting on May 2-4 at LAL Orsay
◦ 3rd Geant4 School and Monte Carlo Workshop for Radiotherapy, Imaging & Radiation Protection
▪ University of Wollongong, Wollongong (Australia), 26-30 April 2016.
◦ Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, 16-19 May
◦ CNRS Geant4 tutorial, LAL Orsay, 23-27 May
◦ XIII Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Subnuclear and Applied Physics [includes a Geant4 beginner course]
▪ Alghero, Italy, 5-10 June 2016s
◦ Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 20-23 June
◦ CNRS Geant4 tutorial for industrial users, LAL Orsay, 6-10 June
o The third general paper has been submitted to NIM A.
o Patch 10.2.p01 has been released on March 2nd.
Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - 12:00