June 27th, 2016
Present: Ben Morgan, Andrea Dotti, Makoto Asai, Marc Verderi, Soon Yung Jun, Koichi Murakami, Laurent Garnier, Ivana Hrivnacova, Sébastien Incerti, John Allison (OB Liaison), Alex Howard,Vladimir Ivantchenko, Alberto Ribon, Dennis Wright, Gunter Folger
Excused: Gabriele Cosmo, Takashi Sasaki, Luciano Pandola
- Regular items
- The open requirements, pending actions, status of long open bug reports, as well as physics and computing performance monitoring are reviewed.
- QGS_BIC shows a problem with crash with K0/K0bar decays but no K0 / K0bar should be decayed and only KS / KL should be transported. Origin of these K0/K0bar is not understood.
- A new set of performance plots as function of G4 version has been defined. The coverage of physics performance test will be discussed at the Collaboration meeting.
- 2016 Collaboration meeting
- Workshop web page:
Registration is open
The Collaboration meeting is scheduled up to 15:30 of Friday.
N.B.: Please ignore Italian banner appearing on page, it reads: “You accept cookies looking at this site”.
The program committee has been confirmed:
- Andrea Dotti (SLAC)
- Susanna Guatelli (Wollongong)
- Akinori Kimura (Ashikaga Tech)
- Enrico Bagli (INFN Ferrara) - local organizer
- Luciano Pandola (INFN LNS) - local organizer
- Makoto Asai (SLAC) - ex-officio
- Marc Verderi (IN2P3/LLR) - ex-officio
- The CERN GitLab repository has been created and populated
- The commit history is limited to public releases.
- It is publicly visible. Users with CERN GitLab account can fork the repository.
- The repository is also mirrored on GitHub, under the same constraints:
- There will be some lectures on Git at the Collaboration meeting.
- Drupal-7 migration
- The migration is ongoing.
- There will be some lectures on the usage of Drupal-7 at the collaboration meeting.
5.1. Recent events
HSF workshop, May 2-4, 2016 @ LAL Orsay
Technical Forum, May 3, 2016 @ LAL Orsay
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, May 16-19
CNRS Geant4 tutorial, LAL Orsay, May 23-27
XIII Seminar on Software for Nuclear, Subnuclear and Applied Physics [includes a Geant4 beginner course], Alghero, Italy, June 5-10, 2016
- CNRS Geant4 tutorial for industrial users, LAL Orsay, June 6-10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, June 20-23
5.2. Near future events
CHEP 2016, October 10-14, 2016 @ San Francisco, CA, USA
No news on submitted abstracts, anytime now should come decision.
IEEE NSS/MIC 2016, October 29-November 6, 2016 @ Strasbourg, France
- 12th Geant4 Space Users Workshop, April 10-12, 2017 @ Guildford, UK
COFI Advanced Instrumentation and Analysis Techniques Summer School, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, July 11-19
4th International Geant4 School, Belgrade (Serbia), 23-28 October 2016.
- Geant4 tutorial in Sendai (Courses in Japanese language) Nov.29-Dec.1 2016
- General paper has been accepted by NIMA on June 27th !
Monday, June 27, 2016 - 12:00